Doing laundry can be brutal and sometime laundry mistakes happen. Here are some laundry tips to make it a little easier on you.
- Make your own detergent – it is so much cheaper and better on your wallet and it is way better for your clothes. So it’s basically a win-win. Check out this site for Ingredients and instructions for homemade laundry detergent.
- Use a dry erase board or chalk board to write yourself a note which pieces can’t go into the dyer – we’ve all been there and accidentally put one of our favorite pieces of clothing into the dryer. Next thing you know, your favorite shirt could fit on a Barbie.
- Wash your colored clothing inside out to prevent fading – the only downside is having to turn everything right side out when you are finished, but it will keep your colors looking better for longer.
- Try out dryer balls – they make your towels and sheets fluffy, plus you don’t have to keep buying them and they don’t produce waste. Dryer sheets also cause a build up on towels and blankets that keep them from remaining fluffy.
- Freeze your jeans – may sound odd, but putting your jeans in the freezer will kill off bacteria that cause jeans to get a weird smell. So if your jeans have a weird smell even after washing them, try placing them in the freezer (when they are dry).
- Learn how to get out any stain – let’s face it some stains are worse than others, that because they are no all the same. The University of Illinois luckily created the stain solution to help everyone.
- Use baby shampoo to unshrink your clothing – place your shrunken clothing in luke warm water and a cap full of baby shampoo and your clothes will be back to fitting properly. Here are the step-by-step instructions.